Today, more than 80% of the world’s pictures are taken with a cell phone camera, and Apple’s iPhone is the most popular smartphone. Join Ohio photographer and iPhone enthusiast Ian Adams for a one-day iPhone Landscape and Nature Photography Workshop on Saturday, October 7 at Cleveland Botanical Garden. This program is packed with information on how to take great outdoor photographs with your iPhone, plus some of the best apps for capturing photos and fine-tuning them on your iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac.
Here’s what you will learn during this hands-on, fun-filled program:
* The best photo settings for your iPhone, and when and how to use the Flash, HDR, Grid, Panorama, and other iPhone options.
* The best “capture” apps (mostly free or just a few dollars) for your iPhone, and how to use them to take sharp, colorful, well-exposed photos.
* Tips on image composition and lighting in landscape, garden and nature photography.
* Supplementary lenses and other useful accessories for your iPhone.
* How to organize your iPhone photos, and how to back them up and synchronize them with your iPad, PC or Mac.
* A selection of the best apps and programs for editing and fine-tuning your iPhone photos, and how to use them to create fine art photos with your iPad, PC or Mac.
* How to share your iPhone photos with your family and friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr, and how to make great color or black-&-white prints from your iPhone images.
* Which subjects are most suitable for iPhone photography, and which subjects are best taken with your digital point-&-shoot or SLR camera.
* Useful websites, books and other iPhone photography resources.
The workshop will be held on Saturday, October 7, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at Cleveland Botanical Garden, and includes an afternoon iPhone photo shoot in the gardens. A follow-up session will be held on Saturday, October 21, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, to view a selection of participants’ iPhone photos taken during the photo shoot, plus a review/critique by Ian Adams. If you are not able to attend the October 21 review/critique session, Ian Adams will provide you with a review/critique of your October 7 photo shoot images via email.
For more information or to register for the workshop, visit the Cleveland Botanical Garden’s website.
(Please note that many of the apps, tips and techniques we will be discussing can also be used on an Android smart phone, but we will be working exclusively with the iPhone during this program.)